LAMDA Acting Exams
Date(s) - 07/09/2019 - 10/11/2019
LAMDA examinations develop a learner’s ability to:
• read easily, fluently and with good understanding
• expand vocabulary to improve powers of self-expression
• improve confidence in speaking and listening
• memorise and recall information
• research and create persuasive formal presentations
• create and defend arguments
• engage in constructive informal conversation
• work both on his/her own and participate as a member of a team.
No matter what direction learners may choose to follow in the future, the examinations provide the opportunity to nurture their natural abilities. These critical skills will enhance their self-confidence to engage and contribute fully, whether at school, in further education, in work, or in the community: in other words, to fulfil their potential.
Meladrama have an enviable history of delivering consistently brilliant results!
The cost of the exam varies and is payable to LAMDA direct by the end of September (27th) – entry level starts at £34 – through to Grade 8 at £82.
In preparation students will need 8 private classes in the consecutive weeks leading up to the exam in Blackpool or Burnley November 9th/10th.
30 minute lessons (entry – through to grade 5) are offered on Saturday mornings in Preston, Saturday afternoons in Chorley and Thursday evenings in Chorley.
The cost of the lessons are £15/session if paying weekly or if paying in advance £112 (£14 per session).
If you are taking Bronze, Silver or Gold you will need additional sessions (10-12 sessions in total), the final sessions to be paid on week 8 (when we know exactly how many extra you will need).
Please be aware that Mel works as a professional actor so occasionally lessons may be re-scheduled to fit in around filming commitments.