Our children’s online drama classes take place on Tuesday’s at 6-7.15 using ZOOM.
Our teens online drama classes take place on Tuesdays at 11.30-12.45 using ZOOM.
Classes are £5 (if paying weekly) or £16 if paying in advance for the 4 weekly classes in July.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting and how to pay.
Please send BACS payment to:
£16 for 4 sessions or £5 to book sessions individually.
Please e mail to confirm you have made payment (with account holders name so we can match payments to students), and let us know which classes your child/teen plans on attending.
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* please ensure dress is appropriate for a drama class
* please have a pen/pencil and paper handy
* if we are working with scripts they will be e mailed on a Friday afternoon at 5pm and will need printing in advance OR please ensure your child/teen has an extra device to use for scripts/reading
* ZOOM is very sensitive to sound (and I don’t like to mute students) so please ensure your child/teen has a quiet room to work in without chatter from other household members/TV/radio.
*Please ensure your child sits with their face well lit – and ideally a little room to stand up and sit down, younger children will need help setting up and please don’t sit with backs to windows as I wont be able to see faces!
* You must confirm your child’s attendance and have paid by 4pm on the Friday BEFORE the Tuesday class.
* Classes start promptly and we allow 5 minutes for late comers but then the waiting room is closed so please do ensure you have downloaded Zoom and checked how it works before the start of class
Meladrama was founded in 1995 by Melanie Ash, a professional actress from Preston who realised from her own experiences that, outside of Manchester and London, there was very little affordable training and support for those wanting to be professional actors. Mel is passionate about supporting and developing new talent in the North West and has secured representation for talented child and adult actors with RARE TALENT, ICON, PHA YOUTH, WGM, MCCLEAN WILLIAMS and SHEPHERD MANAGEMENT.
Classes are informal and fun with the focus on developing each individual actor towards their own personal goals. For those without ambitions to be the next ‘big star’ performing arts have been shown to help children with self discipline, social skills, confidence and empathy, not forgetting that it’s loads of fun and they’ll make a bunch of new friends.